Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 3: GarageBand 3

So I've been playing Sting's Roxanne on RockBand for my XBox360 for some time. I figured it was time to try out the real thing. I borrowed a real guitar from the music teacher at school at tried out a lesson with Sting! Man, this is not the same as Rock Band at all!Now, excited drooling aside, how does all of this fit into a language arts classroom? This is where some of my limitations occur. My school district is technology friendly, but we have a very strict contract with HP and, of course, we use a pc platform. This means that I really can’t have students utilize the program unless they are using my computer. This is very workable with podcast and the like. Here’s where I see the integration coming into play. The focus for my AR project is the utilization of pop culture to teach literary terms and techniques. Music is a huge part of my students’ culture. I can use GarageBand to edit music to suit my needs or create background music for student created songs and raps.

No comments:

Post a Comment