Thursday, September 2, 2010

BP1_Google Reader


Google Reader provides a wonderful platform to explore information without spending unnecessary time searching online. I chose to subscribe to feeds that could improve my classroom teaching, provide insight into current educational issues, or aid in the implementation of my Action Research project.

My first feed is Education News: The New York Times

The New York Times is one of the most respected new sources out there. The education section has its finger on the pulse of current issues.

My second fee is

Educational Technology Insight. While FullSail is providing me with wonderful new resources, I know there is so much more to learn and discover. I hope this feed will provide helpful information.

My action research topic deals with the inclusion of pop culture to teach literary concepts. It made sense to choose Edutainment: Is There a Role for Popular Culture in Education? as my third feed.

Not all education is the same. What works in math may not be beneficial in an Enlish classroom. Consequently, I chose English Education as my fourth feed.

Similarly, middle school is a unique beast. Reaching my students today may keep them from dropping out tomorrow, so Middle School Education: The Critical Link In Dropout Prevention is my fifth feed.

Finally, what educational sample would be complete without the head-hancho of education decisions- The U.S. Department of Education!

No comments:

Post a Comment